||"Esther Eshiet" [ profile ]
Fw: [youthsmakingchange] Fw: Facilitate a Youth in Business Forum in your Area [1 Attachment]
Jul 22nd, 2011 - 12:39:40
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.
From: Jennifer Ehidiamen
Sender: youthsmakingchange (at) yahoogroups.com
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 08:28:58
To: youthsmakingchange (at) yahoogroups.com; activeglobalcitizen (at) yahoogroups.com
Reply-To: youthsmakingchange (at) yahoogroups.com
Subject: [youthsmakingchange] Fw: Facilitate a Youth in Business Forum in your Area [1 Attachment]
As a pro-active youth organization,
Youngstars Foundation has initiated the Youths in Business National
Survey and Summit 2011. As
Nigeria works to attain the Vision 2020, SMEs shall play a major role at the
micro level vis-à-vis helping Government’s effort to reduce the huge
unemployment rate of over 30million in the country. This challenge at hand is
not Governments’ alone. All stakeholders’ especially young people in business
must begin to play active roles in overcoming this challenge. Youths must
organize and unite to push for economic policies and programs that are more pro
youth especially in relation to the needs and potentials of young people in
How You Can Get Involved
Any youth is free to
download The National Youth in Business Questionnaire (which is
attached to this email) and conduct a 3 hours focused group discussion (Forum)
with youths in business to share their experiences as well as complete the
questionnaire, which will be sent to Youngstars Foundation for analysis.
Format for Working
* The discussion group can be formal or informal as long as there are atleast 15 people in the meeting.
* It could hold in a car garage, a hall, a classroom, a living room, an open space etc. What you need is space for people to seat and interact freely.
* The meeting should follow the program agenda, which has been designed and will be sent to you once you register to conduct a group meeting.
* The National Youth in Business Questionnaire should be administered to attendees of your working group at the end of the meeting, and all recommendations from each group shall be sent to Youngstars Foundation.
Other Basic Information
* Each group must submit an attendance sheet with names, email address and phone numbers of attendees of you working group.
* Each group must snap and submit 5 publishable digital photo pictures to show different aspects of their meeting and send to Youngstars via email.
* Each group must submit the questionnaires they administered as well as their key recommendations to Youngstars through the post office or motor park.
There is a standard
program agenda and guideline for discussion which all groups must use for their
meeting to ensure uniformity and accuracy of recommendation. It will be sent to
you once you register to conduct a Working Group. Note that only report from those who use this agenda shall be accepted
and considered for future involvement.
of the sum of N7,500 only is available for those (atleast 10 persons) who need
such assistance to cover writing materials, photo copy of Questionnaire,
sending of reports to us, and any other logistics. To access this support, a
formal letter requesting for financial support and stating what the assistance
is needed for should be sent to Youngstars via email 4 days before the day of
To indicate interest in
facilitating a Youth in Business Forum in your area (Working group), Send an
email to engage (at) youngstars-foundation.org or ystar27 (at) yahoo.com. For more details,
call 0703 5535 876 or visit our website www.youngstars-foundation.org