||BhuwaN [ profile ]
UNFPA Special Youth Programme Fellowship 2010
Jan 8th, 2010 - 12:15:49
Special Youth Programme 2010 Announcement.pdf
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Prateek Awasthi
Date: Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 10:52 PM
Subject: [gyap] UNFPA Special Youth Programme Fellowship 2010
To: gyap (at) googlegroups.com, syp2009 (at) googlegroups.com,
SYPALUMNI (at) groups.takingitglobal.org
Cc: Zeina Saab
***Please circulate widely***
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2010 BATCH OF UNFPA SPECIAL YOUTH PROGRAMME FELLOWSHIPS
UNFPA will recruit six young people to be Special Youth Fellows from 1
April 31 December 2010.
Background Information Your browser may not support display of this image.
The Special Youth Programme fellowship consists of an initial 4.5
months fellowship at UNFPA Headquarters, New York, followed by a
continued fellowship of another 4.5 months in the UNFPA Office in the
country of the fellow.
This programme is designed to give young people from developing
countries opportunities to engage in policy development and
programming; to help build the capacity of young people; and to
sensitize both young people and UNFPA staff on partnering to address
adolescent and youth issues.
During the course of the programme, fellows will:
- Attend and participate in UNFPA and UN events and meetings as appropriate
- Undertake research and writing assignments
- Contribute to ongoing projects and programmes
- Organize a final presentation to UNFPA HQ staff on their projects
and fellowships in Headquarters
- Interact with the New York local youth community on at least one occasion
- Develop a relationship with the Regional and Country Office and
provide updates on their activities during the HQ fellowship and
provide updates to HQ during fellowship at Regional or Country Office
All selected candidates will be provided:
- Cost of return travel from country of origin
- Assistance with travel documents and visa requirements
- Health insurance
- Housing arrangements
- Subsistence allowance (for meals and other basic needs)
- A workstation and internet access
- Opportunities to be mentored by UNFPA staff on issues of interest
- Administrative assistance as required
Qualifications and Experience Your browser may not support display of
this image. Criteria
Candidates must have some programme experience in areas of UNFPAs
mandate. These areas include: young peoples sexual and reproductive
health, reproductive rights, humanitarian response, population,
gender, culture, human rights, HIV prevention, poverty reduction, and
- Aged between 20-24 years old. Applicants born before 1 January 1987
will not be considered. No exceptions.
- Residence and nationality of a developing country. Applicants from
developed countries will not be considered for this programme, but are
invited to apply for UNFPAs regular internship programme.
- Established interest and dedication to development issues through
previous experiences or affiliation with a youth network or NGO
working on development issues
- Basic leadership and advocacy skills
- Basic understanding of issues of importance to UNFPA and what the
organization stands for
- English language skills (written and oral)
- Commitment to return to home country to undertake follow up work
with young people
Applications will open 10 January 2010. The deadline for applications
is 25 January 2010. Only those candidates that are shortlisted will be
contacted. Interviews will take place tentatively in mid-February.
To apply for this programme go to
http://www.unfpa.org/employment/vacancy.htm and click on Apply
Online. Please click on the vacancy for your region. Feel free to
contact youth (at) unfpa.org for more information.
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. THINK before
YOU PRINT !!
| M: (977) 9751004437 | Skype: nawuhb |
Be the Change! See the Change!! Live the Change!!!
Global Youth Adviser, UNFPA
Country Leader, YES Campaign, www.reworktheworld.org
Board, Association of Youth Organizations Nepal, www.ayon.org
General Secretary, Youth Engagement in Sustainability, www.yes.org.np